The D. Bruce Wallace Community Perseverance Award
In memory of founder and long time Executive Director and Advisor, D. Bruce Wallace, ARa presents the D. Bruce Wallace Community Perseverance Award at the annual holiday party.
This award is given to a community or individual that has faced an issue or problem that was difficult, sometimes unique and even humorous at times with dedication, perseverance and a straight face (when needed). Bruce always enjoyed helping communities with the most unusual and difficult community problems and projects and believed that’s what made government service so much fun. The award is presented at the annual ARa holiday party and has become a part of this annual celebration.
Nominations will be made by member communities to ARa staff.
The nominations are based on the following:
- Uniqueness of the issue
- Creativeness of solution
- Ability to hold a straight face in dealing with this issue
- Overall humor in the handling of the situation
Past award winners include:
- City of Mitchell/Town of Hope
- Trena Carter
- City of Salem
- Brenda Sullivan (2011) – City of Columbus
- Mayor Harold “Soup” Campbell
- City of Bedford Stellar Communities Team
- Debra Lilly
- Carrie Riley
- Eric A. Frey, II
- Craig Luedeman